3. CentOS Blog: CentOS Community Newsletter, June 2019 (#1906)vom 59.26 Punkte
Dear CentOS enthusiast,
As in most years, May was extremely busy.
Releases and updates
Contributing to the newsletter
The Status of CentOS 8
We'll start with the question that appears to be on everyone's mind.
As you may know by this
4. CentOS Blog: IBM, Red Hat, and CentOSvom 59.26 Punkte
Today marks a new day in the 26-year history of Red Hat. IBM has finalized its acquisition of Red Hat which will operate as a distinct unit within IBM moving forward.
What does this mean for Red Hat’s contributions to the CentOS project?
5. Red Hat Reverts Spectre Patches to Address Boot Issuesvom 50.79 Punkte An anonymous reader quotes BleepingComputer:
Red Hat is releasing updates for reverting previous patches for the Spectre vulnerability (Variant 2, aka CVE-2017-5715) after customers complained that some systems were failing to boot. "Red Hat is no longer
6. Jim Perrin: Four years later with CentOS and Red Hatvom 46.56 Punkte After 4 years of being at Red Hat, I still occasionally get questions that show not everyone understands what Red Hat means to CentOS, or what CentOS provides to Red Hat. They tend to think in terms of competition, like there’s an either or choice. Rea
7. The plan for merging CoreOS into Red Hatvom 46.56 Punkte The CoreOS blog is carrying an
article describing the path forward now that CoreOS is owned by Red
Hat. "Since Red Hat’s acquisition of CoreOS was announced, we
received questions on the fate of Container Linux. CoreOS’s first project,
8. Red Hat Changes Logo After Customers Call It 'Sinister', 'Secretive'vom 46.56 Punkte Red Hat's chief marketing officer discovered their logo was rendering poorly in digital formats (especially on small devices like smartphones). But then they discovered even bigger problems in surveys (including with potential customers) about what feelings
9. IBM Closes Its $34 Billion Acquisition of Red Hatvom 46.56 Punkte IBM closed its $34 billion acquisition of Red Hat, the companies announced Tuesday. From a report: The deal was originally announced in October, when the companies said IBM would buy all shares in Red Hat for $190 each in cash. The acquisition of Red
10. Red Hat Security Advisory 2017-2818-01vom 46.02 Punkte Red Hat Security Advisory 2017-2818-01 - In accordance with the Red Hat Virtualization 3.x Support Life Cycle Policy, support will end on September 30, 2017. Red Hat will not provide extended support for the Red Hat Virtualization Manager and Red Hat
11. IBM To Buy Red Hat, the Top Linux Distributor, For $34 Billionvom 42.33 Punkte International Business Machines (IBM) is acquiring software maker Red Hat in a deal valued at $34 billion, the companies said Sunday. From a report: The purchase, announced on Sunday afternoon, is the latest competitive step among large business software