Kommentiere zu US levies sanctions against North Korean hacking groups
1. North Korean Hackers Behind Online Casino Attack: Reportvom 162.23 Punkte The infamous North Korean hacking group known as Lazarus is responsible for attacking an online casino in Central America, along with various other targets, ESET says.
The Lazarus Group has been active since at least 2009 and is said to be associated with a large number o
3. Researchers Link New Android Backdoor to North Korean Hackersvom 138.56 Punkte The recently discovered KevDroid Android backdoor is tied to the North Korean hacking group APT37, Palo Alto Networks researchers say.
Also tracked as Reaper, Group 123, Red Eyes, and ScarCruft, the threat group was observed earlier this year to be using
4. North Korea Is Dodging Sanctions With a Secret Bitcoin Stashvom 125.14 Punkte An anonymous reader quotes a report from Bloomberg: North Korea appears to be stepping up efforts to secure bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, which could be used to avoid trade restrictions including new sanctions approved by the United Nations Security
5. The US Waged A Secret Cyber War Against North Korean Missilesvom 119.76 Punkte Early Monday morning North Korea fired four ballistic missiles into the sea of Japan, lending a new urgency to Saturday's revelation from the New York Times of America's "secret cyberwar" with North Korea. Slashdot reader Frosty Piss summarizes its suspected
6. US Accuses Russian Government of Hacking Infrastructurevom 118.64 Punkte The Russian government is behind a sustained hacking effort to take over the control systems of critical US infrastructure like nuclear power plants and water distribution, according to US cyber security investigators.
A technical report released by the
7. US Accuses Russian Government of Hacking Infrastructurevom 118.64 Punkte The Russian government is behind a sustained hacking effort to take over the control systems of critical US infrastructure like nuclear power plants and water distribution, according to US cyber security investigators.
A technical report released by the
8. US Treasury Sanctions 16 Russians For Hacking, Election Meddlingvom 117.02 Punkte An anonymous reader quotes a report from Engadget: The Treasury Department has leveled sanctions against 16 current and former GRU intelligence officers (some of whom were targeted in earlier indictments) for their involvement in multiple campaigns against
9. North Korean Hackers Are Now Developing iPhone Spy Toolsvom 115.56 Punkte An anonymous reader shares a report: Probing the bowels of what he believed to be North Korean hacking architecture, American cybersecurity researcher Darien Huss found an outlier: iPhone software. It appeared at first glance to be a fairly mundane program,
11. US Government Weighing Sanctions Against Kaspersky Labvom 112.35 Punkte An anonymous reader quotes a report from CyberScoop: The U.S. government is considering sanctions against Russian cybersecurity company Kaspersky Lab as part of a wider round of action carried out against the Russian government, according to U.S. intelligence
12. North Korean Hackers Hijack Computers To Mine Cryptocurrenciesvom 111.48 Punkte North Korean hackers are hijacking computers to mine cryptocurrencies as the regime in Pyongyang widens its hunt for cash under tougher international sanctions. From a report: A hacking unit called Andariel seized a server at a South Korean company in